What you can do as a white woman entrepreneur to support the black community right now.
- Watch 13th, please.
- Watch these shows and documentaries on Netflix.
- Watch Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man.
- Start here – 75 things white people can do for racial justice.
- Read up. Grab a list of anti-racial reading from the New York Times here.
- See How to Support the Struggle Against Police Brutality here.
- Read up on this comprehensive package of urgent policy solutions – informed by data, research and human rights principles – can change the way police serve our communities.
- Stay updated, follow people like Shaun King (on twitter, facebook, or instagram)
- Follow Ally Henry on Facebook.
- Follow Black Lives matter on Instagram.
- Follow NAACP on Instagram.
- Follow Color of Change on Instagram.
- Follow Civil Rights Org on Instagram.
- Donate to bail funds to support the protesters. Find your local fund here.
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund here.
- Black Lives Matter here.
- Color of Change here.
- The Innocence Project here.
- SPEAK UP when you see injustice.
- HAVE HARD CONVERSATIONS. If you’re not speaking up because it’s uncomfortable or awkward, then examine why you’re uncomfortable.
- For parents, check out this list on what you can do.
- Hire black team members.
- Invite black women to participate in summits and conferences for your audience.
- Open your community to black women to share their stories.
- Search black owned businesses in your community and support them with your business.
- Open your ears and heart and just listen.
Look at your own business
- There’s a lot here.
- Check yourself with Moniqu Melton.
- Get this workshop replay for white coaches with Trudi Lebron.
- Explore activism with Andrea Ranae.
- Build a diverse and inclusive organization with Dr. Tee Williams.
- Learn about culturally responsive leadership.
Thanks to everyone in No-BS Branding for ideas on what we can do.
*I’ll be adding to this as I see resources.
It’s time to show up.
about brit >
ready to step into your power as an industry authority?
I thought so!
Get Started Here >
THE BEST for managing projects, client emails, invoicing, & contracts.
Mailerlite or Mailchimp might seem great, but ActiveCampaign will save you many headaches...
click funnels >
The best crash course in learning funnel building!
some biz bffs >
Head to the community to soak up some boss babe bad-assery.